Apply for Best Research Project
This award will go to the research project, either domestic or international, that has achieved the highest level of progress and delivered significant performance outcomes over the past 12 months. It is open to all research groups and institutions.
Judges will look for evidence of innovative and creative strategies/initiatives that have been used to help the research community make significant progress and successfully deliver project outcomes. This is relevant to all time scales during the project duration. It may be at the conclusion of the research project, or at a specific time period or milestone during the journey of the overall research project duration.
Entry is by a five page (A4) submission. The judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts, which places particular emphasis on the criteria listed below:
- Organisation background: Please provide a brief description of the organisation, such as when it was established, the number of staff, academic and professional qualification of staff members, history of research project completions and in work-in-progress, services provided, and the relevant industry experience, achievements and accreditations on offer.
- Project description and scale: Detailed description, project objectives and desired outcomes, funding arrangements, project partners, project timescale (state start, finish date), significant milestones and targets for completion.
- Performance: Provide evidence of exceptional performance on project completion or the attainment of specific milestones against indicators such as innovation, quantitative or qualitative measures and others. Please also outline how your identified research project performance would stand out from the rest of the entries in this competitive area.
- Partnerships and collaborations: Discuss partnership and collaborative arrangements that were possibly established and developed during the course of the project. Outline the benefits it has brought to all parties.
- Challenges: Outline any challenges faced by your organisation over the past 12 months and how your team and any other relevant parties demonstrated initiative, creativity, and leadership to overcome them.
- Please include any other statements or facts that you believe will support your entry.