Apply for Best Online Learning Experience
This award recognises the Irish-based third level institution, technical training college or organisation that has developed and intergrated the best online learning experience for its students.
Entry is by a five A4 page submission. The judges will be looking for clear information, backed up by facts, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Background: Please outline the size and nature of your organisation and the academic and professional qualification of staff members.
- Programme: What courses or programmes are on offer? Please detail curriculum development, student/delegate numbers and course accreditations and affiliations.
- Method: Please describe the functioning of your online tuition. How are the courses delivered? Are there physical classes as well as online tuition? What software is used in delivering the programmes? Are the classes live or pre-recorded?
- Development: How do the courses prepare or develop the students/delegates for their future careers?
- Overcoming the COVID-19 crisis: outline the challenges your organisation has faced since the COVID-19 pandemic began and how your team demonstrated initiative, creativity, and leadership to overcome them to deliver an exceptional online learning experience.
- Innovation: What innovative tools are being used by your organisation to improve the learning experience and make the process more efficient and effective? What sets you apart from the rest?
- Strategy: What measures have been put into place to promote the future careers of students or delegates? This can include training, mentoring, or internship programmes, career fairs, seminars, talks, etc.
- Industry exposure: Outline the exposure of students / delegates to the wider community. This may include listings of invited speakers, details of external research, industrial or other relevant institutions nationally and globally.
- Please provide details on dissemination of studies to the broader community. This may include publications, workshops, student awards or details of any competitions entered and prizes attained.