Apply for Best Green Campus Award
This award will go to the campus within an Irish-based third level institution or technical training college that has demonstrated a strong commitment to making a positive environmental impact and contributing to a sustainable future.
You must explain what you have achieved so far and what you hope to achieve in the future. We need evidence of an overall strategy that sets out your targets, your ability to achieve targets on time, how you plan to achieve them and hard statistics demonstrating year-on-year comparisons.
Entry is by a five A4 page submission. The judges will be looking for clear information, backed up by facts, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Initiative outline: Describe the sustainability efforts in place on your campus. Do you have a Green Committee and/or undertaken an environmental review? Do you have any accreditation, benchmarking or external validation?
- Commitments: Describe the commitments (internal or public) and leadership your organisation, particularly top management, has shown in driving the sustainability agenda. Please provide details of any Green Action Plan you have in place and its goals.
- Processes: Describe the sustainable processes you have developed in your organisation over the past 12 months to move closer to your sustainability goal.
- Training: Describe the training completed to up-skill you and your colleagues to deliver on your stated goals.
- Challenges: Outline any challenges faced by your organisation over the past 12 months and how your team and any other relevant parties demonstrated initiative, creativity, and leadership to overcome them.
- Outcomes & results: What have been the practical benefits of your green initiatives? Show measurable outcomes, with comparisons to previous years where possible.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.